Frequently Asked Questions
1. TRAINING ACCESS AND CONNECTIVITY
COMPUTER AND BROWSER REQUIREMENTS
· 9"+ display to read theory and 12"+ to run self-practice with ECDIS software
· Support of audio playback
· Mouse and keyboard to access remote ECDIS software
· 1 Mbit internet connection
· Minimal versions of supported browsers:
o macOS – Safari 10.1
o Windows – Chrome 49, Firefox 55
o Android – Chrome 61
o iOS – Safari 10.2
It is responsibility of the user to ensure, that the used environment meets these requirements. If the used equipment does match these requirements, the user might be unable to complete the course or obtain the certificate.
RECOMMENDED CONNECTION SPEED
Not less than 1 Mbit internet connection
I CANNOT LOG IN. THE SYSTEM SHOWS THAT EITHER MY EMAIL OR PASSWORD ARE INCORRECT
Please make sure, that you completed registration by opening the link in the invitation email.
If you have registered, then should use the “Forgot password” functionality. You will get an email message with the link to restore access.
I DID NOT RECEIVE THE INVITATION EMAIL
Please check junk emails of the mailbox which you provided.
I HAVE NOT CREATED A TRAINING ACCOUNT YET, BUT WHEN FOLLOWING THE LINK, I AM REDIRECTED TO SIGN-IN PAGE INSTEAD OF THE ACCOUNT CREATION
Most probably, you used the link from the message with the training assignment.
Normally, there are two e-mail messages – one with the invitation and another one with the training assignment (this one is for the cases if you already have the account).
You need to use the link with the invitation (started with “Dear ****, You have been invited by ***** on behalf of "*******" to register…”).
I HAVE COMPLETED ALL TESTS BUT THE SOFTWARE SHOWS THAT SOME EXERCISES ARE NOT COMPLETED
This happens if some exercises located in the middle of the theoretical chapters are missed. The certificates are issued only after all theoretical content has been read and all exercises are completed. Here is an example of completed exercise:
THE CONTENT IS DISPLAYED INCORRECTLY. THE VIDEOS DO NOT OPEN, EXERCISES STOP WORKING
Please make sure you do not use VPN, Tor or any anonymizer software. If you need to use VPN for to access your email etc, switch it off before opening the course.
THE CONTENT OPENS BUT I HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THE EXERCISES/SELF-PRACTICE
Please make sure, that you use an officially supported browser. For instance, the latest Chrome or Firefox in Windows.
I CANNOT FIND THE COURSE. WHEN I OPEN THE TRAINING, THE SYSTEM STATES THERE ARE NO COURSES AVAILABLE. HOW CAN I COMPLETE THE COURSE?
This can be due to the following reasons:
- The training has expired. You have 15 days to complete the course from the first time you opened it. You will need to request another course.
- You are not enrolled onto any course. In this case, contact the person who is responsible for the training management
3. OBTAINING THE CERTIFICATE
I HAVE COMPLETED ALL EXERCISES BUT WHEN I PRESS “OBTAIN CERTIFICATE” BUTTON, I’M FORWARDED TO A BLANK PAGE
This may happen because of the browser specifics (caching). Please, exit the session (if you still logged into the training account), close the browser, then log-in to your account again and proceed with the certificate creation.
HOW CAN I CORRECT THE DATA ON MY CERTIFICATE IF I FORGOT DOING IT BEFORE THE CERTIFICATE IS CREATED?
1. Please update your personal information using “Edit profile” function.
2. Notify the person responsible for your training (the one who enrolled you to the training) that the profile data are corrected, and the certificate needs to be updated.
3. When the certificate is updated, you can download it from “My Certificates” page of your training account.
I DID NOT RECEIVE A LINK TO THE CERTIFICATE. HOW TO DOWNLOAD THE CERTIFICATE?
1. If you have already created the certificate (passed all steps of “Obtain certificate” including making or downloading the photo):
Check junk e-mail in your mail box. If for some reason the message was not delivered, you can download the certificate from your training account.
To do this:
● Log-in to your training account.
● Open “My certificates ” page (“My certificates” item of the dropdown menu, right near to “Edit Profile” item).
● Press “Download ” button for required certificate.
2. If you did not pass the certificate creation steps:
Login to your training account, open the training page and check if all the exercises are completed or not. Here is an example where not all exercises are finished:
If there are unfinished exercises, the training is not completed. Please complete all not finished exercises. After this you will be able to obtain the certificate.
If all exercises are completed (number of Unfinished Exercises is 0), press “Obtain certificate” button and follow the instructions.
4. PERSONAL DATA
HOW CAN I DELETE ALL THE PERSONAL DATA FROM THE SYSTEM?
To delete your personal data from the system, please contact the Trainer Manager with the appropriate request.
NOTE: after the request is done, the trainee access to the system will be terminated and all the certificates, if they were received earlier, will get unavailable for the verification also!